What You Can Expect When Deciding To Vacation Rent With Tahoe Alpenglow Properties
Q&A - Here are some uncommon answers to common questions:
- Can I still use my home whenever I would like?
- Yes! While most management companies will limit the amount of time you're able to use your own home, TAP does not. We inform you of each reservation via email, and you also have the ability to log-in to our website at any time to view the current calendar. There is a nice balance when owners leave the calendar year mostly open, and decide when to come up as they see bookings along the way. It's expected that you block one major Holiday well in advance to insure you're able to use your home when you wish to most.
- How quickly can my home be ready to rent and what must I do in preparation?
- This will depend on the current condition of your home, how quickly you are able to do as much preparation as possible yourself, and how soon we are able to receive all signed and completed documents in return from you out of our "New Owner Checklist". If you're unable to spend a few days in preparation, Tahoe Alpenglow Properties is fully capable of getting your home rental ready for an hourly fee. We may charge at a rate of 1/2 our normal rate during new home preparation which usually entails organization, checking off our "Minimum Inventory List", providing suggested purchases or shopping on your behalf, meeting service people such as an internet company or a lock smith to grant them access to your home, assembly of items, etc. During one occasion, we were able to get a 3 story home which was recently purchased and full of previous owners things completely organized, cleaned, professional photos taken, and marketed all within 2 weeks. On the other hand, we have had less difficult projects take as long as 3 weeks. Again, your level of involvement and energy will highly impact the time to market.
- Will they effectively market my home and why couldn't I do this whole thing myself?
- We market your home on over 20 sites internationally so that it is highly visible to the 40+ million travelers every year. Not only are we guiding you to make your home stand out best against the competition, but we will choose the best price schedule, take care of all marketing, inquiries, and bookings to insure a steady flow of income. We perform an arrival inspection day of arrival, where we make sure housekeeping has done a fantastic job, and we also stock all essentials for guests at this time. We even go the extra mile of turning lights on and heat up the day of arrival, so guests arrive with a warm welcome and sense of hospitality. Tahoe Alpenglow Properties is also available to guests 24hrs/day for area advice or emergency. We then perform a departure inspection of your home to check for even the smallest of damages, and make sure lights are off, doors are locked, and heat is down.
- What damage protection insurance can I have?
- Tahoe Alpenglow Properties not only collects a deposit, but also provides each guest with a damage insurance policy prior to arrival. This makes owners more comfortable renting their home knowing that if anything were to happen, chances are it will be covered by deposit. If not, Tahoe Alpenglow Properties will file a claim with our agency to collect up to $3,000 in unintentional damages so neither owner, nor guest, has to pay out of pocket. Accidents are bound to occur, but they are very far and few between and typically small, such as broken plate. However, we did have a dishwasher break but it was completely re-reimbursed by our insurance agency. Honestly, the fact that we are in and out of your home so often is alone worth the commission and it's weight in gold because you never know when your home may have an unforeseen issue such as a leaky roof, bear break in, or tree fall. We keep a close watch to make sure any problem is either prevented, or taken care of quickly before it were to get much worse.
- What is TAP commission and when do I get paid?
- Our service is 25% of rental income. This means that if your home has a nightly rate of $250 and it rents at the minimum of 2 nights, our commission would be $125 from the $500, leaving you with $375. Tahoe Alpenglow Properties only makes money when you make money, so we work diligently and effectively. You will receive a check along with a months end statement for the previous month, no later than the 15th of the next month, every month.
Trust Tahoe Alpenglow Properties with your most beloved asset, allowing us to guide you and manage each process every step of the way. Call now, and we will happily come on by to discuss everything in further detail while providing a complimentary rental appraisal analysis. TAP (530) 536-3225
Meet & Greet + Conduct An Expert Rental Appraisal Analysis At Your Home
Provide You A New Owner Packet With A Checklist Of What We Both Need Before Renting
Purchase Items From Mandatory Minimum Inventory List
Insure Home Is Up To Code With Extinguishers, Fire & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Insure Proper Functionality Of Major Appliances
Professionally Deep Clean Home Prior To 1st Arrival
Take Initial Video Of Home To Capture Condition & Inventory
Receive Transient Occupancy Tax Certificate From Town Of Truckee
Market Home On 20+ Sites Internationally
Create Owner Log-In To Access Reservation Calendar
BEFORE (Top) & AFTER (Below) PHOTOS
Put your best foot forward! Do not use an old camera or phone to take photos to use for marketing. These types of photos don't allow for wide shots, tend to be less bright, and of course are a smaller file due to less pixels.
The "BEFORE" examples below were not actually low quality photos like described above, but were actually done by a real estate office and considered professional. Please take a moment to see why you should hire Tahoe Alpenglow Properties as your local vacation rental specialist, and note the subtle to major changes that we put into effect before we felt this home was considered Rent-Ready under Tahoe Alpenglow Properties - "Your Door To Everything Tahoe".
Look at the windows in the back, and the ceiling... does our shot seem brighter and more clear? Not only did we decide to simply flip the sheets over because we felt the color green brightened up the room, but allow us to point out how we were able to capture more of the bunk beds on the right. We added an extra lamp between the 2 Twins straight ahead, placed an extra side table or two up there with lamps which were scattered aimlessly around the home so people had individual light sources, and we even configured extension chords more effectively and tied wires to make everything more simple. Lastly, we shot over the stairs rather than through them, and placed our signature towel folds on each bed so everyone feels at home!
Here again you can see a much brighter photo. Our "AFTER" photo below also captures many more details of the bathroom which paints a larger picture. We place toilet straps on the toilets so guests know it has been sanitized before their arrival, and we also elegantly fold a hand towel in each bathroom with our signature orange hand bar soaps and mini shampoo/conditioner for guest use. Another small detail to consider is having the shower door open to appear more inviting.
BONUS GAME ROOM EXAMPLE
This Bonus Game Room was a large transformation. We felt the room deserved more than one photo, and our photos do show a wider perspective of this room. We actually have 3 photos of this room online but decided on these two to point out some major differences.
Notice the couch configuration in the top "BEFORE" photo... we felt it made the room feel crowded and created a strange placement for the foosball table with not much more to be done with the space behind the couches. Once we uncovered the couches and pushed them to the back wall, the entire room opened up and you could really understand the flow of the room. We placed lamps on side tables, turned the foosball table horizontal to the room so those playing didn't have their backs to their family, and even mounted a flat screen television in the center so you could watch TV whether you were playing foosball, sitting on the couches, or playing pool! We even went as far as tightening the loose wire on the back wall, and placing all the games in a welcoming spot beside the sliding door. What else can you notice?
It's quite clear that this room not only feels larger, but you are now able to see the big picture which includes the mirror, dresser, and lamp to the left, as well as the flat screen TV on the desk in the back. A subtle pillow arrangement can also make a world of difference. Did you notice that you can now see the phone, tissues, and heated blanket controls separately?